Sunday, October 27, 2013

Energy Bites

Grinding up the dry ingredients 

Coconut energy bites, finished!

No bake double chocolate snack bites 

I have always had the biggest sweet tooth, I think it is actually getting worse with age. While I can't resist a treat, I always try to make healthy ones. I have seen tons of recipes on pintrest for energy bites so I decided to try two out. I combined a few recipes to make my own, and they turned out delicious! I had stomach ache when I was done making them from eating all the dough...but it was worth it!

Coconut energy bites 
-1 cup raw almonds (chopped in food processor or blender)
-1/4 cup rasins
-1/2 oats (chopped in blender)
-dash of cinnamon
-sea salt
-1/2 cup coconut
-1 tsp vanilla
-1/2 cup flaxseed
-1/2 cup almond butter (melted)
-1/4 cup honey
-1/4 cup coconut oil

Melt almond butter & honey to make paste. Also melt coconut oil. Mix everything together then use a cookie cutter to make scoop size bites & then roll in small balls. Refrigerate or freeze & then enjoy.


No-bake double chocolate snack bites
-1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
-1/4 cup ground flaxseed
-1/4 cup sliced almonds, chopped
-1 1/2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
-a pinch cinnamon
-a pinch of salt
-1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter, melted and slightly cooled
-1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon honey
-1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
-2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips

Combine oats, almonds, flaxseed, cocoa, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl and stir.
Melt almond butter and allow it to cool slightly, then stir in honey and vanilla extract until it's combined. Once butter mixture has cooled a bit, pour it over the oat mixture and mix well with a spoon then bring together with your hands. Once mixture is sticking together, fold in chocolate chips.

Roll dough into golf-ball size balls & enjoy at room temp, refrigerated, or even frozen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment